Letdown – Will It Ever Happen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MommyDomme
    Participant

I am a single female with no children who induced lactation in February, 2015. I haven’t had a consistent nursing partner in quite some time, however, I am religious about pumping and hand expressing. My frustration is that I have never had let-down where my milk flows freely either with a partner or with a pump. Will this ever happen for me? Is there anything that I can do to make this happen?

Eternalcontentment
    Participant

I’m not sure what you mean by “milk flows freely” but my wife gives me all the milk that I can handle and she has never felt let down, or dribbled, or squirted, on her own, except when she was nursing our children–She heard the baby cry and her nipples started squirting. If what you mean is that you have milk intermittently while a partner is suckling or you are expressing: It could be that you have not had enough fluids, herbal tea, or the right nutrition, or enough consistent suckling sessions. By consistent what I mean is are your nipples stimulated the same right way all of the time, are you coming to the session with your mindset on nursing–or fretting over getting milk. Making milk and giving milk is very similar to sex in the way that hormones have to be released through stimulation. If the nipples are stimulated in just the right way nerve pathways send messages to the pituitary gland to release prolactin for making milk and oxytocin for stimulating the mammary glands to release the milk. Oxytocin, however, has to have the right kind of mental stimulus plus nipple stimulus to be successful.
    Thirty seconds after I start suckling on my wife I feel her nipple become softer and fuller and then milk. She doesn’t feel a thing, and her milk doesn’t come out without suckling it out. Fifteen minutes into a suckling session her nipple becomes flat and it seems that I’ve gotten all that I’m going to get and I massage her breast –outward to inward–with a hand on each side of her breast in the same rhythm that I’m suckling–she moans from the pleasure of it–and I get 10 more minutes of the same flow of milk as in the beginning. I can do this successfully several times during a session.
    At the age of sixty, not having breastfed for 35 years, It took 5-6 months of me suckling 6-8 times per day for my wife to start making more than a few drops. Then for another several months she would have lots of milk one day and the next day very little, and finally her body was trained to respond to suckling and the loving, and the bonding that takes place at close to the same time of day for each session. Pavlov’s dogs.
    So don’t be too discouraged at this point.
    Fennel tea helps with let down.
    There are protocols where a woman tricks her body with birth control pills into feeling that it is pregnant for a while and then stop them abruptly that work but I don’t know much about this.
    Best wishes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.