Newman-Goldfarb Protocol Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ali
    Participant

I have a question on the Newman-Goldfarb Protocol from Ask Lenore, I’m following the regular protocol and have been on it for two months now. It mentions the breasts will swell which has happened. I am taking estrogen-progesterone combination birth control pills with domperidone at 20mg 4 times a day. Where my question comes in – The Accelerated Protocol mentions you will see ‘significant’ breast changes after 30-60 days but the Regular Protocol only mentions the ‘swelling.’ I am only seeing the swelling, am I on the right track? From what I have been studying, I thought the progesterone suppressed the lactation. So how would the breasts become “full, heavy, and painful” (the significant breast changes) while the lactation is suppressed?

Could someone share their experience?

iceni
    Participant

Hello , I am not an expert but I do believe the swelling is due to the development of mammary lobule-verolar tissue and milk ducts in preparation for lactation .The same as if you were pregnant . The longer you are on the protocol the more the breasts will swell , become painful and have a heavy feeling .

Ali
    Participant

Thank you for the response, I’m curious if I am on the regular protocol when should / would see the changes. And as I mentioned before in my past experiences the painful / heavy feeling was more to do with being engorged which if the progesterone is suppressing the lactation then would I still get that feeling?

PemberleyGirl
    Participant

My understanding (and I am also doing a slightly modified protocol, experimenting with a more natural method) is the progesterone causes the breast to grow and develop, just as iceni mentioned. It’s also what causes breasts to become heavy and tender during our period. It has nothing to do with milk production directly; it’s just preparing the breast for lactation. And yes, mine feel very heavy and tingly and are occasionally quite sensitive to direct touch. Like everything else to do with hormones, I would hazard a guess that the “when” might vary from woman to woman.

Ali
    Participant

Thank you for the response, I know it is going to vary from woman to woman. Can I ask how long you have been on the protocol? And when you saw the heaviness and sensitivity?

iceni
    Participant

Hello , I also am on a modified protocol that I have been on for 20 days . I have noticed more sensitive nipples and mild pain in my breasts that comes in waves 2 or 3 times a day and lasts for about ten minuets .I haven’t had any swelling . As PemberlyGirl said “when” may vary from woman to woman , I have read about some woman whom experience no pain or swelling at all and still lactate after stopping the hormones .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.